Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Crying To The Sky


Davy Jones
Rest In Peace

"All the lovely people. Where do they all come from? So many lovely and heartfelt messages of condolence and sympathy, I don’t know what to say, except my sincere thank you to all. I share and appreciate your feelings. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. While it is jarring, and sometimes seems unjust, or strange, this transition we call dying and death is a constant in the mortal experience that we know almost nothing about. I am of the mind that it is a transition and I carry with me a certainty of the continuity of existence. While I don’t exactly know what happens in these times, there is an ongoing sense of life that reaches in my mind out far beyond the near horizons of mortality and into the reaches of infinity. That David has stepped beyond my view causes me the sadness that it does many of you. I will miss him, but I won’t abandon him to mortality. I will think of him as existing within the animating life that insures existence. I will think of him and his family with that gentle regard in spite of all the contrary appearances on the mortal plane. David’s spirit and soul live well in my heart, among all the lovely people, who remember with me the good times, and the healing times, that were created for so many, including us. I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels." -Michael Nesmith

"Davy Jones, the British Invasion-era singer who became a household heartthrob as a member of the Monkees, has died in Florida." ... Story continues here: Davy Jones Has Died (LA Times)

1 comment:

Tigerlily1122 said...

In my never to be humble opinion Mr. Lee, truer words were never spoken. I am in total agreement with Michael and all that he has said here. Thanks so much once again for the enlightenment. I apprciate your blog very much as it keeps a finger on the pulse of all that is relevant.

J