Sunday, June 10, 2018

No Reservations


“Maybe that’s enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final
resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom is realizing
how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go." 

Anthony Bourdain
Rest In Peace

I was majorly influenced by Anthony Bourdain to open my mind and to eat at random and sometimes odd spots at home and abroad; at times trying dishes that were completely foreign to me. Due to this I've had some of the most delicious food and wonderful experiences that I'll always treasure the memory of... From heavenly ceviche tostadas inhaled at a roadside street-cart in Bucerías, to oysters scored from a guy decked out with a tool belt of hot sauces, still dripping wet from the catch on the beach in Puerto Vallarta. From fiery street-cart ear tacos in Jackson Heights, to an eye-opening sitdown meal at a Himalayan spot down the road. From truly scrumptious $1 fried dumplings in a filthy hole in the wall in a Chinatown alleyway, to Shabu-Shabu in a somewhat hidden, walk-up ten table restaurant in midtown. And so on and so on and so on.

No comments: