Saturday, February 6, 2021

A Coney Island Of My Mind #23

One of the things I miss most in the world these days is hopping the subway and taking a solo trip out to The People’s Playground. Eagerly waiting to leave the tunnel and then riding along looking out the window at the city kid engraved rooftops, feeling my age peel away. (This always brings back a flood of memories of visiting my grandparents in Brighton Beach.) Once at Stillwell, it's a speed walk down the ramp and across the street, passing Nathan's (which gets hit up later), to the Wonder Wheel to buy a ticket for one of my favorite views in the world. Exhale. A paper plate of clams and a cold beer at Ruby's is next, followed by a stroll to the end of Steeplechase Pier to lose myself in thought... And then the day begins.

No comments: