Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Sunday Routine

“I worked last night slinging drinks to entitled douchebags, getting out of the bar at like 5am, so I woke up feeling like shit at around noon. Made myself a pot of Bustelo, turned on the TV to NY1, zoned out and thought about what I wanted for breakfast. Seeing as I was pretty hungover, I decided on Chinese from the spot up the block with the bulletproof glass. Walking back home I picked up the Daily News and a bottle of Manhattan Special (on Sundays I figure I deserve a treat). Back home to the couch to eat my food out of the carton and read the sports pages. Napped for a while. Woke up, counted my tips, and watched a western on TCM. I skipped lunch, napped some more, and ate what was left of my Chinese for dinner. I read the book I've been trying to finish for six months, showered, and crawled into bed... That's my Sunday Routine™." -bartender Marco Floyd, 47

No comments: